Akka Kappa Privacy Notice
1. Who is Akka Kappa Limited (Akka Kappa)?
2. Collection and use of personal data
3. Technical and organizational measures to secure data
4. Sharing of personal data with third parties
5. Rights of the data subject
6. Retention of your Information
7. How does Akka Kappa ensure compliance with this Privacy Notice?
8. Changes to this Privacy Notice
1. Who is Akka Kappa?
Akka Kappa Property Solutions Limited (hereafter called Akka Kappa) is a vibrant and dynamic real estate agency and property consultancy established in 2015. Based in Accra and located in Airport Residential Area, Akka Kappa has since its inception, risen to become the leader in Ghana’s real estate industry. Akka Kappa offers services in sales and letting, property management and construction consultancy.
Akka Kappa operates www.akkakappaghana.com websites. (This Privacy Notice informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data, as well as data we receive from users of the site.)
Akka Kappa takes your privacy seriously and is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Because we gather certain types of personal information from visitors to this web site (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.), we have developed this privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of your personal information. This Privacy Notice discloses the types of personal information we gather, how it is used, and how you can gain access to and edit any data that we’ve collected about you at any time.
We process your personal data only for the purposes stated in this Privacy Notice.
Akka Kappa collects personal information online primarily to provide our visitors with a more relevant experience on this web site. When doing so, we will make every reasonable effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data. Akka Kappa will take reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any personal information you provide to us (e.g. data will be stored in protected databases on secured servers with restricted access). However, given that electronically submitted data is not 100% secure, we make no representations or warranties as to the security of any personal information you submit online, which you do at your own risk.
2. Collection and Use of Personal Data
2.1. Personal information
To provide you with a service or product, Akka Kappa may process the following personal data:
- Name and address, telephone number, email address
- Financial data such as details of income, assets, investments, savings, investment income, expense on the assets.
- Real estate and Property information such as land title documents, leases, assignment, etc.
- Electronically identifiable information such as IP addresses and cookies of visitors of Akka Kappa’s websites.
- For hiring and HR purposes, we process details such as qualifications and vocational training, special licences (driver licenses), membership of/ participation of professional organisations such as prior or active membership in groups and committees; possessions such as land, property and business ownership; education and training such as overview of the schools, institutions, universities, nature of the courses taken, intended diplomas, examination results, other diplomas obtained; assessment of the progress made in the studies.
While using our Websites, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal data may include, but is not limited to, your name. More specifically, depending on the following purposes, we also collect the following personal data:
- If you contact us by e-mail for a general question, we will save your contact details to give you further information and to provide you the most adequate answer to your question.
- If you contact us for a Service or a product, we will save the following personal data you give to us: name, family name, phone number, email address, address and company.
- If you contact us for a job application, we will save the following personal data you give to us: name, family name, phone number, email address, residential and postal address, picture, company, current employment, information regarding termination of the employment, career, academic curriculum, professional competence and professional experience.
Automatically Collected Information
When you use our website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our website. Such information is typically considered non-personal information. We also collect the following:
Third Party Tracking Tools
We also use third party tracking tools to improve the performance and features of our website. These third-party tracking tools are designed to collect only non-personal information about your use of our website. However, you understand that such tools are created and managed by parties outside our control. As such, we are not responsible for what information is actually captured by such third parties or how such third parties use and protect that information.
This website may contain links to other sites. Akka Kappa is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. To help ensure the protection of your privacy, we recommend that you review the privacy notice/policy of any site you visit via a link from this website.
2.2 Use of Personal Data
Akka Kappa uses personally identifiable data such as names, addresses, etc of customers (including information related to transactions between customers and the company or its Franchisor or other franchised dealers, and hereafter referred to as "personal data") for varied reasons, including the following of which one or more may apply simultaneously:
- build customer profiles and relationships to ensure client satisfaction;
- to provide products and services, to process requests or as otherwise may be necessary to perform the contract between you and Akka Kappa;
- to send the brochure or other material that the customer requested.
- to conduct questionnaire surveys mainly for studies of product development or improving customer satisfaction;
- create awareness of products and drive sales;
- to inform customer of new products, services or promotions, events or campaigns and to conduct market research;
- to personalize Akka Kappa’s offering and to provide customers with more relevant services, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our services. This may include displaying Akka Kappa and third-party content;
- to communicate with you, for example to inform you that our services have changed or to send you critical alerts and other such notices relating to our products and/or services and to contact you for customer care related purposes by sending print advertising material and by telephone or e-mail, etc.;
- to meet legal, tax and other regulatory compliance requirements.
2.3 Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Data
Anytime you visit this website, we may gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access our site. This information may include the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address and any search engine you may have used to locate the site. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the website, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, we gather certain navigational information about where you go on this website. This information enables us to determine which areas of the websites are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the sites to the needs and interests of our online visitors. Such information is gathered by us in the aggregate and will not be associated with a specific individual without that individual’s consent.
3. Technical and Organizational Measures to Secure Data
Akka Kappa regards information and personal data as very important assets. Within this context, all information systems on which information and personal data is stored will be treated in line with internationally accepted standards that ensure the privacy, security and confidentiality of all personal data. We enforce our internal policies and guidelines through an appropriate selection of activities, including proactive and reactive risk management, security and privacy engineering, training and assessments. We take appropriate steps to address online security, physical security, risk of data loss and other such risks taking into consideration the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data being protected. Also, we limit access to our data bases containing personal data to authorized persons having a justified need to access such information.
Akka Kappa ensures that personal data in its possession is protected against unauthorized access, modification or use, loss, disclosure or destruction. We take the appropriate physical, legal, technical and organizational measures to ensure personal data is protected. All safety measures are subject to regular internal and external audits to assess their effectiveness.
Akka Kappa endeavours to ensure that its business partners, such as third-party service providers, agents, employees and affiliated entities undertake all reasonable efforts to respect the provisions of the internal and external privacy regulations of Akka Kappa.
4. Sharing of Personal Data with Third Parties
Akka Kappa will not share your personal data with third parties other than the accepted third Party list below or only with the explicit, prior consent of the user.
Akka Kappa always considers that your personal data needs to be processed in a fair, lawful, proportional and transparent manner.
We do not sell, rent, or trade personal information to third parties other than as described in this Privacy Notice. Akka Kappa may disclose certain personal information as follows:
-to business partners, such as third-party service providers, agents and affiliated entities in connection with the services that they perform for Akka Kappa, such as providing certain services necessary for the administration of this website and the provision of certain interactive functionalities. Please note that some of our agents and contractors are located or conform to jurisdictions other than that of Ghana and, as such, are subject to foreign laws, including laws that may require disclosure of personal information to Government agencies in those countries;
-to law enforcement agencies for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offences; or
-to legal, financial, and other professional advisors or in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of its business or operations.
Except as provided above, Akka Kappa will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent, as required or permitted by law, and to provide the features and service(s) you’ve requested. At the time you register for any such feature or service, you will be notified of, and asked to consent to, the sharing of your personal information necessary for the provision of these requested features or services.
-Business critical software, Microsoft One Drive Solution.
5. Rights of the Data Subject
By means of the contact possibilities mentioned below, you can exercise the following rights regarding the processing of your personal data by Akka Kappa, except in cases where this would require a disproportionate effort on the part of Akka Kappa:
- To ask information about and access to your personal data;
- To ask for rectification of your personal data or restriction of processing;
- To ask for removal of your personal data. In some cases, there may be a legal requirement to hold your data.
- Right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority
- Contact options to exercise your rights:
- You can submit a written, dated and signed application to Akka Kappa Property Solutions Limited, No. 38 Nortei Ababio Street, Airport Residential, Accra – Ghana. Ghana Post GPS: GA-117-9018.
You can also send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Retention of your Information
Akka Kappa will ensure that your personal data will not be stored longer than necessary. The retention period depends on the purpose for which they were collected.
In many cases, personal data is kept for an additional period to ensure its availability in case of questions or disputes.
Because Akka Kappa strives to meet obligations imposed by Data Protection Act, 2012 (Act 843) in such a way that personal data is protected against accidental or malicious destruction, it is possible that after your personal data has been removed from our systems and applications, remaining copies are not immediately removed from our backup systems.
Akka Kappa shall treat your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice as long as these data are stored.
7. How does Akka Kappa Ensure Compliance with this Privacy Notice?
Akka Kappa assigns an external auditor or a privacy consultant to ensure that the provisions listed in this Notice are effective and in place.
When Akka Kappa receives formal complaints via the afore-mentioned contact mediums, we contact the person who submitted the complaint to discuss follow-up actions.
8. Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is effective as of 16th March, 2020, and will remain in effect except with respect to any changes in its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after being published on this page.
We reserve the right to update or change our Privacy Notice, modify or withdraw access to this site at any time without notice and we recommend that you check this Privacy Notice periodically to keep abreast of such changes.
If we make any material or adverse changes to this Privacy Notice, we may notify you either through the email address you have provided or by posting a notice on our website advising of such change at the beginning of this Policy and on this site's home page for thirty (30) days.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
Akka Kappa Property Solutions Limited, No. 38 Nortei Ababio Street, Airport Residential, Accra – Ghana. Ghana Post GPS: GA-117-9018 or email us at email@example.com.